Improve Your English Composition Writing!
Is your child struggling with composition writing? Join the Writing Academy today to boost his/her composition writing skills! Students from more than 50 primary schools in Singapore have benefitted from this course.
Amanda has been taking this online course for the past 20 months. I find the tips and feedback extremely helpful. She used to dread writing compositions. The course has transformed her into a confident and creative writer. She really enjoys writing now! Her EL teacher has been showing her compositions as model examples to her class and that further boosts her confidence in writing. Thank you, Hui Ing!
~ Parent of Amanda Foo (PSLE 2018, A* for English)
BENEFITS OF THE WRITING ACADEMY
* Remove the hassle of travelling to attend writing classes.
* Learn writing techniques and work on assignments at your convenient time and in the comfort of your home.
* Receive constructive and detailed feedback on your writing assignments from an experienced former Primary School English teacher.
* Develop the habit of writing regularly by completing the weekly writing assignments.
* Receive more composition practices than what most schools are able to offer!
* Still prefer face-to-face teaching? We offer once-a-month complimentary classroom lessons for our Writing Academy students to reinforce their online learning! Seats are on a first-come-first-served basis. Classroom lessons are conducted at our classroom in Tampines St 81.
ABOUT THE WRITING ACADEMY
At the Writing Academy, students develop composition writing skills and learn writing techniques that they can apply in their compositions. Our specially designed writing curriculum consists of weekly video lessons and assignments to boost students’ composition writing skills.
The key feature of our Writing Academy is the feedback provided on students’ writing. Students’ assignments and compositions are marked by experienced former MOE teachers. Constructive feedback is provided to help students improve their writing.
HOW IT WORKS
*Please read this carefully before enrolling.
The Writing Academy is an online course that is suitable for students who want to learn how to write the new PSLE format compositions.
It is recommended for students from Primary 4 onwards, who are writing the new PSLE format compositions in school.
If your child is writing the 4-picture composition format,
he or she can join the Junior Writing Academy HERE.
Once you are enrolled, you will have instant access to the first month of video lessons and assignments (total of 4 lessons). Thereafter, four brand new video lessons and assignments will be made available subsequently each month.
Students can complete one lesson per week or four lessons per month.
To make the most of the Writing Academy online course, follow these suggested steps:
* Watch the video lessons.
* Download and print out the assignments.
* Complete the assignments.
* Scan (with a camera phone or scanner) and save completed assignments in PDF or type assignments in MS WORD.
* Upload completed assignment for submission.
* Assignments will be marked by our Writing Coaches, who are ex-MOE teachers, and returned to you via email within 5 working days.
* Once the marked assignment is received, your child can write a Draft 2 based on the comments and suggestions for improvement.
* Submit the improved Draft 2 and our experienced Writing Coaches will mark the Draft 2 too!
Want to know more about how we mark students’ compositions?
Check out this link to find out more.
YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION ANYTIME BY LOGGING IN TO YOUR STUDENT DASHBOARD. ONCE YOU CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION, YOU WILL NOT BE BILLED AND ACCESS TO THE LESSONS WILL CEASE AFTER THE LAST BILLED MONTH.
As this is a self-paced course, the time taken by students to complete the entire course varies. It is the students’ responsibility to cancel the subscription once he or she completes the course or when the course is no longer needed.
Students are strongly encouraged to keep up with the weekly assignment submissions to gain full value of the course.
Not sure if the Writing Academy is suitable for your child?
Make use of the 7-Day FREE TRIAL to let your child try out the lessons.
Cancel anytime within the 7 days and you will not be billed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your credit card will be charged on the 8th day (after the 7-Day Free Trial).