NOTE: This workshop is for students who are in P5 and P6 in 2021. If your child is in P3 or P4 in 2021, please register for the Writing Techniques Workshop (P3/P4) here.
Many students find the PSLE English composition format daunting. With only a topic and three pictures, students have to come up with a captivating story on the spot, within an hour. It is not an easy feat, not even for adults!
Do you want your child to learn some useful writing techniques that they can apply in upper primary English compositions?
When used correctly, writing techniques can spice up your child’s compositions.
This workshop introduces your child to practical writing techniques that can help them to think and write maturely, leading to more developed and creative PSLE English compositions.
Here’s what your child will learn in this holiday workshop:
- How to add depth to story characters
- How to use the writing technique of ‘Show, Not Tell’
- How to come up with relevant and well-developed story content
- Exposure to vocabulary and applying them in context
What your child will bring home:
- a set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop
- a set of model compositions with annotations of writing techniques
Date: 25 November 2020 (Wednesday)
Time: 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Venue: 826 Tampines St 81, Level 2 above #01-108, Singapore 520826 (entrance facing carpark)
Workshop fees: $115
Material fees: $8
Number of participants: Maximum 6 (minimum 3 to start)
After registration, we will email a confirmation within 3 working days. Please check your spam folder or promotions folder (for Gmail users). If you do not hear from us after 3 working days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Enrollment in this course closed on 11/22/2020.