Does your child know how to write descriptively?
Do you want your child to learn writing techniques to write interesting English compositions?
This two-day online workshop focuses on writing techniques that upper primary students can apply in their English compositions.
Writing techniques are like the spices that we add in a dish, turning a bland dish into a tasty and delicious one. When used correctly, writing techniques can spice up your child’s compositions.
Here’s what your child will learn in this two-day workshop:
- How to describe settings
- How to create interesting story characters
- How to describe actions and feelings with ‘Show, Not Tell’
- How to plan a PSLE format composition before writing
- Write a PSLE format composition based on a given topic and 3 pictures
What your child will receive:
- a set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop
- a set of model compositions with annotations of writing techniques
- feedback on the composition written during the workshop
*All materials will be posted to the mailing address indicated during registration. Participants who register after 7 March 2024 will NOT receive the hard copy. A soft copy of the materials will be emailed to you instead.
Date: 14 and 15 March 2024 (Thursday and Friday)
Time: 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
*Receive a 20% discount when you register before 29 February 2024.
Number of participants: Maximum 7
Please note that the workshop will be conducted online via ZOOM.
Writing Techniques Workshop P5/P6
This course does not have any sections.