Does your child know how to write descriptively?
Do you want your child to learn writing techniques that they can apply in their English compositions?
When used correctly, writing techniques can spice up your child’s compositions.
This two-day online workshop introduces your child to useful writing techniques that can be applied to primary school English compositions.
Participants will be guided through various activities to learn and apply these writing techniques. Notes will be provided so that they can continue to apply these techniques in their writing.
Here’s what your child will learn in this holiday workshop:
- How to write descriptively using the ‘5-Senses Writing’
- How to use the writing technique of ‘Show, Not Tell’
- Exposure to vocabulary and applying them in context
- Planning and writing of a PSLE format composition
What your child will receive:
- a set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop
- a set of model compositions with annotations of writing techniques
- feedback on the composition written during the workshop
*All materials will be posted to the mailing address indicated during registration. For participants who register after 30 November 2021, a softcopy of the materials will be emailed to you instead.
Date: 6 and 7 December (Monday and Tuesday)
Time: 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
Workshop fees: $160
Material fees: $10
Number of participants: Maximum 7 (Last slot left!)
Please note that workshop will be conducted online via ZOOM.
Writing Techniques Workshop (P3/P4)
Writing Techniques Holiday Workshop (P3/P4)
After registration, we will email a confirmation within 3 working days. Please check your spam folder or promotions folder (for Gmail users). If you do not hear from us after 3 working days, please contact us at email@example.com .