Does your child know how to write descriptively?
Do you want your child to learn writing techniques to write interesting English compositions?
This two-day online workshop focuses on writing techniques that upper primary students can apply in their English compositions.
Writing techniques are like the spices that we add in a dish, turning a bland dish into a tasty and delicious one. When used correctly, writing techniques can spice up your child’s compositions.
Here’s what your child will learn in this two-day workshop:
- How to describe settings
- How to create interesting story characters
- How to describe actions and feelings with ‘Show, Not Tell’
- How to plan a PSLE format composition before writing
- Write a PSLE format composition based on a given topic and 3 pictures
What your child will receive:
- a set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop
- a set of model compositions with annotations of writing techniques
- feedback on the composition written during the workshop
*All materials will be posted to the mailing address indicated during registration. For participants who register after 30 November 2021, a softcopy of the materials will be emailed to you instead.
Date: 8 and 9 December 2021 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Time: 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
Material fees: $10
Number of participants: Maximum 7 (FULL – CLOSED)
Please note that workshop will be conducted online via ZOOM.
- ENROLMENT HAS CLOSED
After registration, we will email a confirmation within 3 working days. Please check your spam folder or promotions folder (for Gmail users). If you do not hear from us after 3 working days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .