Composition Writing Class
Enrolment for our writing classes for 2021 is now open!
You may register your child now, pay a deposit of $100 to indicate your commitment and the balance of payment will only be required by 17 December 2020.
Not sure about your child’s CCA schedule for next year? After registration, if you have to withdraw your child due to clashes in CCA timing, a prorated refund of fees will be granted. Documentary proof from Parents Gateway is required to be shown.
ABOUT OUR WRITING CLASSES
Does your child benefit from attending a composition writing class?
Do you need a writing coach to help your child improve his or her English composition writing skills?
Writing is a skill that improves with regular use and constructive feedback. Let our Writing Coach help your child develop effective creative writing skills!
At BIG IDEAZ, we conduct weekly composition writing classes for students from Primary 2 to 6. In these composition writing classes, our students learn to write by going through the Writing Process.
The two main building blocks for our writing classes are vocabulary building and writing techniques. Our students learn effective writing techniques that they can apply in their English compositions. They also get to expand their vocabulary so that they can express their ideas clearly.
Our class size is kept small (typically 6 but maximum 7 per class) so that attention can be given to each child.
We believe that every child can write, one step at a time! Our goal in every lesson is to provide students the steps to be a better and more confident writer.
REVIEWS FROM PARENTS AND STUDENTS
"We appreciate Hui Ing for her patience in guiding my son. Useful phrases and techniques were taught that helped a lot in his writing. Lessons were well-planned and spaced out so that it isn't too overloading for the child."
~ Parent of Zevin Tien (P5)
Xavier has shown improvement comparing last year's SA2 and this year's SA1 results (2018 SA2: 19/40, 2019 SA1: 28/40). Thank you for your help and guidance!
~ Parent of Xavier Ong (P6)
Thank you for being such a great writing teacher! You always encourage me and your tips and guides are really useful. Before I attended your lesson, I used to hate writing compositions. However, after I attended your lessons, I love to write and sometimes I even write my own stories and aspire to be a writer when I grow up at times!
~ Amanda (P6)
2021 CLASS SCHEDULE
Primary 2 (1.5 hours)
Thursday 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm *NEW
Primary 3 (1.5 hours)
Tuesday 5.30 pm to 7.00 pm *NEW
Thursday 3.15 pm to 4.45 pm *NEW
Friday 7.45 pm to 9.15 pm *NEW (Online via Zoom Only)
Primary 4 (1.5 hours)
Monday 5.30 pm to 7.00 pm *FULL (WAITLIST)
Wednesday 3.15 pm to 4.45 pm *2 VACANCIES
Friday 3.15 pm to 4.45 pm *NEW (Online via Zoom Only)
Saturday 10.00 am to 11.30 am *FULL (WAITLIST)
Primary 5 (2 hours)
Monday 3.15 pm to 5.15 pm *NEW
Tuesday 3.15 pm to 5.15 pm *NEW (Online via Zoom Only)
Wednesday 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm *FULL (WAITLIST)
Friday 3.15 pm to 5.15 pm *2 VACANCIES
Friday 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm *FULL (By Invitation Only)
Saturday 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm *3 VACANCIES
Primary 6 (2 hours)
Tuesday 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm *3 VACANCIES
Tuesday 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm *NEW (Online via Zoom Only)
Friday 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm *FULL (WAITLIST) (Online via Zoom Only)
Saturday 11.45 pm to 1.45 pm *FULL (WAITLIST)
Saturday 4.15 pm to 6.15 pm *1 VACANCY
VENUE AND FEES
Venue: Blk 826 Tampines Street 81 Level 2 (above #01-108)
- P2 – $145/mth (1.5 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P3 (Online) – $145/mth (1.5 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P3 – $155/mth (1.5 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P4 (Online) – $155/mth (1.5 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P4 – $165/mth (1.5 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P5 (Online) – $210/mth (2 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P5 – $225/mth (2 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P6 (Online) – $220/mth (2 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- P6 – $235/mth (2 hrs each lesson, 4 lessons per mth)
- Fees are collected on a per term basis.
- Each term has 11 weeks of lessons.
- Total of 44 weeks of lessons in a year.
- Scheduled breaks of between 1-2 weeks between terms (if there are no Public Holidays within the term).
- No lesson on Public Holidays or scheduled breaks and therefore not chargeable.
- Material fee of $10 payable per term.
- One-time registration fee of $30 for new students.
- No deposit required except for opening new classes. Deposit will be offset from full-term fees.
- Click here for a full year calendar of lessons.
Contact us to find out more!
To enrol your child in one of our weekly composition writing classes, submit the form below. We will contact you with registration details within 2 working days.
*If you face issue submitting the form, just reach out us to us via the WhatsApp chat button below and notify us. We will help to do a manual registration on your behalf.
Prefer to learn composition writing from the comfort of your home and at your convenient time?
Check out our online composition writing courses!