Does your child know how to write descriptively?
Do you want your child to learn writing techniques that they can apply in their English compositions?
When used correctly, writing techniques can spice up your child’s compositions.
This two-day online workshop introduces your child to useful writing techniques that can be applied to primary school English compositions.
Participants will be guided through various activities to learn and apply these writing techniques. Notes will be provided so that they can continue to apply these techniques in their writing.
Here’s what your child will learn in this holiday workshop:
- How to write descriptively using the ‘5-Senses Writing’
- How to use the writing technique of ‘Show, Not Tell’
- Exposure to vocabulary and applying them in context
- Planning and writing of a PSLE format composition
What your child will receive:
- a set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop
- a set of model compositions with annotations of writing techniques
- feedback on the composition written during the workshop
*All materials will be posted to the mailing address indicated during registration. Participants who register after 30 August 2023 will NOT receive the hard copy. A soft copy of the materials will be emailed to you instead.
Date: 6 and 7 September 2023 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Time: 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
Workshop fees: $185
*Enjoy 5% discount when you register!
Number of participants: Maximum 7
Please note that the workshop will be conducted online via ZOOM.
- Enrollment in this course closed on 09/05/2023.
This course does not have any sections.